Dunnocks

John Dunleavy

Appreciation threads dont come around very often but this kid has what it takes..On his way to cult hero status

Appreciation threads dont come around very often but this kid has what it takes..On his way to cult hero status

Indeed. I do recall posting my delight at his signing, something I rarely, if ever, do.

He hasn't disappointed at all - in fact, quite the opposite. A shining light over the opening games.

Keep it going, Johnny!

Donie

Indeed. I do recall posting my delight at his signing, something I rarely, if ever, do.

He hasn't disappointed at all - in fact, quite the opposite. A shining light over the opening games.

Keep it going, Johnny!

Donie

I like a player with the "no nonsense " attitude. Himself and Danny are that type of player

I like a player with the "no nonsense " attitude. Himself and Danny are that type of player

Yeah, good to see Cockney back to his old self last night. Always plays for the shirt.

Donie

Yeah, good to see Cockney back to his old self last night. Always plays for the shirt.

Donie

I'd blame him for the goal though. should have jumped with Twigg

He's a winner. At times last night we couldn't wait to offload the ball or hoof it clear, but this lad looks like he has the confidence and composure to always find a good pass. He got tight too and put a foot in, something we've lacked so far.

On a related note, Turner did very well yet again at Dunleavy's previous position of right back.

It's a pleasure to see a young player come into a side and just fit in so comfortably and in different positions as well. A city legend in the making already.btw I thought we saw city as we expect them to be in the cross last night, keep it up the future is bright!

Watched it earlier - hard to tell last night from the CRS - but you make a fair point. Definitely seemed a bit flat-footed. But should Oman have won his header so easily, should Dennehy have been allowed to get a second cross in...?

Anyway, Cockney had a good 93'+53 seconds before that! :happystrange:

Now, back to Johnny D!

Donie

Yep! Was cautious at the start over all the "hulabaloo" about people saying he was a great player without anyone on this forum actually seeing him but he is a top notch player!

:thumbsup:

"RP"

Im gonna sit down and watch the game in full again before making any conclusions but I think he did very well out of position last night. . I was delighted to see Tommy start him there as I think we would have been completely over run in midfield otherwise

Does anyone else think he could eventually become a centre half?

Agreed.Strange that he was the one marking him.Back on topic,Dunleavy is fantastic.Here's hoping he feels he's made the right decision so far!!

Looks a good player, good on the ball wholehearted and likes to tackle.

I think he will eventually end up at centre half.

was sitting in the crs last night and couldnt beleive this fella next to me telling everyone what a crap player Dunleavey was,

dont know what game he was watching.

Reckon he'd be our best centre half if he did play there. Would probably keep him in central midfield until Healy is fully fit. You'd then have a choice of playing him centre half or right back although if Turner built on last night's performance I'd probably go with the former.

The thing I like is his passion and effort last week just before the end of the game he sprinted from RB position up to the opposition keeper to put him under pressure especially when not expected from a player in his position. Something our strikers could definitely learn and should already be doing.

Last night then when the whistle was blown he was down on his hands and knees almost in tears at the way it ended. Great effort put in by the lad.

1 season!

F**k.

He really stood out in the UCD game. Mostly because every othe player on the pitch looked sh*te, and yet he never gave up trying to do the right thing on the ball, biting into tackles and trying to get the team back into the game.

He's a winner. At times last night we couldn't wait to offload the ball or hoof it clear, but this lad looks like he has the confidence and composure to always find a good pass. He got tight too and put a foot in, something we've lacked so far.

On a related note, Turner did very well yet again at Dunleavy's previous position of right back.

Really?? I thought he was very poor. Got turned by Dennehy a number of times and kept trying to get the ball instead of just holding him off.

Dunleavy looks the business though. Broke up a lot of play last night and was very vocal in the match too.

Im gonna sit down and watch the game in full again before making any conclusions but I think he did very well out of position last night. . I was delighted to see Tommy start him there as I think we would have been completely over run in midfield otherwise

Personally I think he's energy would be wasted at centre half. I think right back is where he should play all the time.

Neal Horgan was involved in the warm up last night. Is he signed up or splitting his time with the GAA?

Not signed up yet as far as I know. He is back from surgery so I'd imagine he is playing no GAA either at the moment.