EMC16

Garry Buckley

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2013/02/18/garry-buckley-signs-back-with-city/

Cork City FC are pleased to confirm that Garry Buckley has signed back with the club for the coming season.

Commenting on the news, City manager Tommy Dunne told CorkCityFC.ie: “Garry is a promising young player and he did well for us last season.”

We will have more on this story on CorkCityFC.ie in the coming days.

Morrissey,Duggan,Healy,Buckley,Lenihan and the 19s to call upon if needed..

We're looking very strong in the centre.

What took him so long?

Main thing is that he's signed up now. You can't blame a young fella for aspiring to play in England.

apparently it was more to do with coming to an agreement with his youth club than anything else.

apparently it was more to do with coming to an agreement with his youth club than anything else.

I hope that is mad clear because he doesn't look too good after all of this in my opinion. i know i had him in the same bracket as Purcell anyway, thinking he was trying to head off without putting in the game time.

I hope that is mad clear because he doesn't look too good after all of this in my opinion. i know i had him in the same bracket as Purcell anyway, thinking he was trying to head off without putting in the game time.

You can't be serious? Buckley has been with the club since he was 17 and has represented the club briliantly over the past 2/3 years, particularily in his role as captain of the under 19's. This opposed to Purcell who came in for six months, ****** off over the England and showed nothing but disrespect to club, on his return, when he didn't get his way. Putting the two of them in the same bracket is ridiculous.

For the record I heard similar to El Pietro and that the reason he didn't sign earlier was something to do with his youth club.

You can't be serious? Buckley has been with the club since he was 17 and has represented the club briliantly over the past 2/3 years, particularily in his role as captain of the under 19's. This opposed to Purcell who came in for six months, ****** off over the England and showed nothing but disrespect to club, on his return, when he didn't get his way. Putting the two of them in the same bracket is ridiculous.

I know it was over the top but i just thought it was fairly poor from him to not sign up, all we heard was he was on various trials and then there was delayed news of a resigning. I know it might have been out of his control, but in the absence of info what else could we believe? My point really is that its a poor reflection on himself, and it could be through no fault of his own. He could be anywhere on the scale from not giving at toss, "i'm only here for the cheque" (small as it might be) to being a focused dedicated footballer "i'll throw myself under a bus for the team" type guy but right now its not been managed very well imo. I think we all agree he has something, like Purcell (before he feiced off to leave English clubs trying to figure out why he would bail out on a team to go on trails while the rest of the squad were busting a gust to finish somewhere half decent on the table.)

Why would agreement need to be reached with his youth club if he has been with us since he was 17?

Because this is the first time he'd be signing a "professional" contract!?

1 year? So he can piss off next winter?

It's up to us to get the best out of him & either sell him, or re-sign him.

Why would agreement need to be reached with his youth club if he has been with us since he was 17?

When a player signs his first professional contract his underage clubs are entitled to money for each year he spent with them. I think (though I could well be wrong on this) its €1,500 per season. If he was at (i think it was Wilton) a club from the age of 11 for example, and joined us at 17, then they would be entitled to €1,500 for each of his 6 seasons with them, and we obviously can't afford €9,000 to sign these lads so City would instead offer them a percentage of any sell on fee. Some clubs are happy with that, some are not and it can take time to come to agreement.

€1,500 seems like a lot, but thats the figure I have in my head, maybe Optimus or someone else with knowledge of the subject can clarify this for us.

When a player signs his first professional contract his underage clubs are entitled to money for each year he spent with them. I think (though I could well be wrong on this) its €1,500 per season. If he was at (i think it was Wilton) a club from the age of 11 for example, and joined us at 17, then they would be entitled to €1,500 for each of his 6 seasons with them, and we obviously can't afford €9,000 to sign these lads so City would instead offer them a percentage of any sell on fee. Some clubs are happy with that, some are not and it can take time to come to agreement.

€1,500 seems like a lot, but thats the figure I have in my head, maybe Optimus or someone else with knowledge of the subject can clarify this for us.

AFAIK you can't count anything under the age of 12 so in what you say it would only be for U12 to U16. Not so sure of the figure of €1500 but it does take time to come to an agreement which has a knock on effect of the player signing.

Great way of pissing off local clubs if City don't pay what the club are entitled to.

Well City can't choose whether they pay the fee or not, they can come to an agreement, they can pay it, or they don't sign the player.

If they come to an agreement then they don't have to pay anything.

12-16 sounds right, but that would still be €7,500, and thats quite a bit of money to have to pay out, particularly as we could potentially have several players graduating at once.

1 year? So he can piss off next winter?

We'd be entitled to compensation until he's 23 if he leaves on a free contract during that period too.

We'd be entitled to compensation until he's 23 if he leaves on a free contract during that period too.

Minimal figure Id assume? or would it go to a tribunal like the old days pre Bosman?