Cork City FC Fans Forum
koherlihy

Stephen Dooley

koherlihy    1,228

I'm told two more new additions at least with the right centre back a priority, also we've offered Dooley a new deal but so have Derry, he hasn't really settled here but club confident he'll sign back here, John kav also signed up 

A Fudge    1,420
3 minutes ago, koherlihy said:

I'm told two more new additions at least with the right centre back a priority, also we've offered Dooley a new deal but so have Derry, he hasn't really settled here but club confident he'll sign back here, John kav also signed up the other day 

If he doesn't sign back again then some are going to have to find a new scapegoat for next season ;)

koherlihy    1,228
2 minutes ago, A Fudge said:

If he doesn't sign back again then some are going to have to find a new scapegoat for next season ;)

Bizarre really, Struggled at the start and I gave him stick I'll be honest but he was one of our best players since then, very effective winger needs to add more goals to his game I'm a big fan of his 

Kento12    1,107
7 hours ago, koherlihy said:

I'm told two more new additions at least with the right centre back a priority, also we've offered Dooley a new deal but so have Derry, he hasn't really settled here but club confident he'll sign back here, John kav also signed up 

Heard he's holding out for a potential offer from England, if that doesn't materialize he's back with us

3 minutes ago, Kento12 said:

Heard he's holding out for a potential offer from England, if that doesn't materialize he's back with us

I really like Dooley but don't think he's anywhere near good enough to go over yet.

HIBS LEGEND    4,136
7 minutes ago, St.Annes Stander said:

I really like Dooley but don't think he's anywhere near good enough to go over yet.

Agree

koherlihy    1,228
32 minutes ago, Martinlutherpingjr said:

Hopefully Seanie and Kev signing back will convince him - the interplay between three of them together as beautiful to watch at times

They all lived together last year, got on great apparently 

Kento12    1,107
40 minutes ago, St.Annes Stander said:

Agreed. 

hincha    7,274
9 hours ago, A Fudge said:

Tbf I have great time for Dooley,I hope he signs back,but he does tend to go missing in the big games,not completely but he's not the type to lead from the front.

A Fudge    1,420
21 minutes ago, hincha said:

Tbf I have great time for Dooley,I hope he signs back,but he does tend to go missing in the big games,not completely but he's not the type to lead from the front.

I want him to stay as well.

He's the type of player that all good teams need. May not do much for long periods but then just when you you've forgotten he was even on the field will produce the winning goal or cross for the winner.

hincha    7,274
8 minutes ago, shedhead74 said:

Yup,like the home game v Dawk1f61c.png(only messing hincha)Seriously though,wingers like him tend to be quiet in a lot of games then boom!A rare type of player in this league...will end up being better than Horgan, imo.

Agree, wouldn't change hom for anyone really,he just goes a bit Quiet in the big games IMHO.Not in the billy type hiding and pulling out of tackles, Im being picky really.

3 hours ago, TCB said:

They are 100% signed up btw although Im not so ITK about when the announcement will be made. 

Reassuring to hear - Get Dooley on board and then we can have a right cut at it next year 

HIBS LEGEND    4,136
11 minutes ago, SpeedyPaulBannon said:

Reassuring to hear - Get Dooley on board and then we can have a right cut at it next year 

Dooley's off to Dawlk, I fear.  😭

Paperback Writer    2,093

That's that then.

If we hang onto Dooley then we've kept all our key players in the squad. I still think we need a goal scoring midfielder, and some cover at full back, but otherwise we've done good business so far. 

TCB    4,307

We have 15 confirmed so far, John Kavanagh and Chiedozie will be more or less like new signings and from what I have heard Dooley will be back so that will bring us to 18. Is he looking towards a few of the u19's? Theres no doubt we need at the very least two more signings. Is Connor Ellis still with us?

koherlihy    1,228
3 minutes ago, Paul keohane said:

Some eyesight if you can pick out Dooley in one of those photos.

1 hour ago, CurryChips said:

This might be Dooley to the right of the photo

IMG_3919.PNG

ha that's him on the right there pretty certain 

HIBS LEGEND    4,136
On 16/1/2017 at 1:44 PM, koherlihy said:

Dooley is there alright he's in a red bib in one of the pictures 

TheFonz    6,778

Great news. Not a massive fan of his but nothing better out there and it's an area we were lacking.

steve_o    756

Great news, fantastic second half of season from him.