Cork City FC Fans Forum
Dunnocks

Match Thread | Cork City 0-1 Sligo Rovers 18/08/2017

xtreme rebel    6,417
1 minute ago, Paperback Writer said:

FFS, why not show the Harps game instead? 

They might if they have to....

Paperback Writer    1,991
1 minute ago, xtreme rebel said:

They might if they have to....

I'll be stunned if they do. They'll have a list of excuses - they just showed a match, sure how were they to know Dundalk would lose/draw in Derry [obviously the need to televise it is conditional on us winning and Derry getting a result], too short notice etc etc.

Would be delighted if I'm wrong. There are many who won't make it to Donegal on a Monday, if this is on TV and Soho made an effort it could be a great night there. 

decky    8,436
16 minutes ago, Paperback Writer said:

I'll be stunned if they do. They'll have a list of excuses - they just showed a match, sure how were they to know Dundalk would lose/draw in Derry [obviously the need to televise it is conditional on us winning and Derry getting a result], too short notice etc etc.

Would be delighted if I'm wrong. There are many who won't make it to Donegal on a Monday, if this is on TV and Soho made an effort it could be a great night there. 

How difficult would it be for them to show both Derry vs Dundalk and ourselves and harps?. Can't be too difficult seeing as both are in Donegal, move the gear Monday morning and be ready to do again Monday night?

Paperback Writer    1,991
2 minutes ago, decky said:

How difficult would it be for them to show both Derry vs Dundalk and ourselves and harps?. Can't be too difficult seeing as both are in Donegal, move the gear Monday morning and be ready to do again Monday night?

It wouldn't be difficult at all for a broadcaster with a genuine interest in showing Irish football. We can't win the title until Harps at the earliest anyway, no real need to show the Dundalk match - plus that Sunday is All Ireland football semi-final day. 

tigger    2,649

Another 3pts please. That's all I'm asking for. I don't give a flying who scores just as long as we win. Get to the finishing line and win this league ASAP. 

City 2 Sligo 0. 

Crowd of 4,500.

xtreme rebel    6,417
2 hours ago, decky said:

Infrastructure wise, I doubt Finn Park and McGinn Park are capable of hosting live games.

HIBS LEGEND    4,073
3 hours ago, xtreme rebel said:

Infrastructure wise, I doubt Finn Park and McGinn Park are capable of hosting live games.

Infrastructure wise, Finn Park isn't capable of hosting a baying expectant CCFC crowd ffs ! 🤣

Colm C    2,193

City doing 'Kids for a quid' on Friday night. 

All children under 12 accompanied by an adult will get in for €1. 

koherlihy    1,176

Not sure what team they had out but Sligo lost 4-2 to Longford tonight, should be an easy 3pts even though they've been a bit of a bogey team for us they're in an awful way, Sadlier odds on to score against them! Hopefully the club really push that kids offer through the week and get a good crowd 

Mallowfornian    1,789
1 hour ago, koherlihy said:

Not sure what team they had out but Sligo lost 4-2 to Longford tonight, should be an easy 3pts even though they've been a bit of a bogey team for us they're in an awful way, Sadlier odds on to score against them! Hopefully the club really push that kids offer through the week and get a good crowd 

Lets be honest now and admit that no match is going to be easy for us for the rest of the season.

TCB    4,176

Sligo could be playing north Connaught junior football and they'd still give us a right game, it'll be another 1 nil or 2-1 win hopefully.

xtreme rebel    6,417

It's always tight against them. Two 2-1 wins to us this season. Sadlier scoring twice for them. It would be great to go back to winning easy.

hincha    7,036

Scabby 1 nill wins,all day long for me,Seanie's gone get over it.

decky    8,436
1 hour ago, hincha said:

Scabby 1 nill wins,all day long for me,Seanie's gone get over it.

Time to chance your profile pic Hincha

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

koherlihy    1,176
13 hours ago, Mallowfornian said:

Lets be honest now and admit that no match is going to be easy for us for the rest of the season.

No easy games in this league 

xtreme rebel    6,417

It's going to be a front 3 now of Sadlier, Sheppard and Dooley to fit them all in. JC won't be going with Ellis or Campion in big big games.

hincha    7,036
57 minutes ago, decky said:

Time to chance your profile pic Hincha

Why would I want do that ??

tigger    2,649
38 minutes ago, koherlihy said:

No easy games in this league 

Plenty of easy games when we were known as the invincibles. Scoring plenty as well.

koherlihy    1,176
1 minute ago, tigger said:

Plenty of easy games when we were known as the invincibles. Scoring plenty as well.

Can't go out and win 3/4 nil for 40-50 games tbf, every team goes through a sticky patch and we're still winning, enjoy it 

decky    8,436
26 minutes ago, hincha said:

Why would I want do that ??

Well to quote a great man "Seanies gone, get over it"

hincha    7,036
15 minutes ago, decky said:

Well to quote a great man "Seanies gone, get over it"

Coming from the Topman, thats some complement thanks, thats why i'm accepting scabby 1nil wins, if I was hanging on to him

like some are, I'd be looking for 3 & 4 goals like the old days.

Anyway why would I need to change my profile picture.??