Cork City FC Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dunnocks

Match Thread | Finn Harps v Cork City 21/08/2017

Paul keohane    6,926
3 minutes ago, nigel-harps1954 said:

Disaster for us. Greatly reduce the home crowd and all down to the crap floodlights in Finn park

Would it really make that much of a difference kicking off 30 min earlier?,tbh the earlier ko might suit lots of people given it's a Monday?

Is it down to poor floodlights the 7.15 ko?

55 minutes ago, Paul keohane said:

Would it really make that much of a difference kicking off 30 min earlier?,tbh the earlier ko might suit lots of people given it's a Monday?

Is it down to poor floodlights the 7.15 ko?

Floodlights the issue yeah. Also; it's 45 minutes earlier. Harps home games are 8pm kickoffs.

Traffic will keep a lot of people away. Tailbacks into Ballybofey can be mile or two long in the evenings up beyond 6:30pm. Live tv coverage will keep a lot of people from attending too. 

Lot of people travel from all over Donegal to matches too. 8pm kickoffs allow that bit of extra time for people to get home from work and down to Finn Park in time.

The likelihood of someone getting home to somewhere like Buncrana around 5:30, getting something to eat and getting into Finn Park for a 7:15 kickoff is very slim.

Paul keohane    6,926
5 minutes ago, nigel-harps1954 said:

Floodlights the issue yeah. Also; it's 45 minutes earlier. Harps home games are 8pm kickoffs.

Traffic will keep a lot of people away. Tailbacks into Ballybofey can be mile or two long in the evenings up beyond 6:30pm. Live tv coverage will keep a lot of people from attending too. 

Lot of people travel from all over Donegal to matches too. 8pm kickoffs allow that bit of extra time for people to get home from work and down to Finn Park in time.

The likelihood of someone getting home to somewhere like Buncrana around 5:30, getting something to eat and getting into Finn Park for a 7:15 kickoff is very slim.

Ah ok,forgot ye were an 8pm ko usually.

TheFonz    6,637

That extra 45 minutes is a blessing for those of us needing to be in work Tuesday morning.

londonrebel    825
43 minutes ago, nigel-harps1954 said:

Are the burgers at Finn Park so bad they couldn't give the mams cooking a miss. 

Paul keohane    6,926
8 minutes ago, TheFonz said:

That extra 45 minutes is a blessing for those of us needing to be in work Tuesday morning.

Jesus fair play,It would be some kick in the stones if we didn't win it up there,what a hellish trip it would turn out to be then!

TheFonz    6,637
2 minutes ago, Paul keohane said:

Jesus fair play,It would be some kick in the stones if we didn't win it up there,what a hellish trip it would turn out to be then!

Donegal Monday, work Tuesday and Ibiza on Wednesday... I'll survive....... hopefully.

Paul keohane    6,926
4 minutes ago, TheFonz said:

Donegal Monday, work Tuesday and Ibiza on Wednesday... I'll survive....... hopefully.

Ha I'm wrecked even reading that,hopefully you won't use up to much energy reserves on Monday/Tuesday ,you'll need to be match fit for the week in Ibiza.

hincha    7,036
3 hours ago, TheFonz said:

Ha..!! you'll be the only head in partyville, asleep all night and awake during the day.:beach:

TheFonz    6,637
5 minutes ago, hincha said:

Ha..!! you'll be the only head in partyville, asleep all night and awake during the day.:beach:

Drop over that SD card during the week, I'll be sure to fill it up.

Evergreen Road    1,244
4 hours ago, TheFonz said:

You'll miss Rovers if you're in Spain?

TheFonz    6,637
2 minutes ago, Evergreen Road said:

You'll miss Rovers if you're in Spain?

No, land back in Dublin Thursday afternoon.

Paul keohane    6,926
1 hour ago, shezer said:

1 Night only? 

Rovers game is the week after.

Not sure why we don't have a game in between Harps and Rovers,or am I missing something?

sullanefc    811
3 hours ago, Paul keohane said:

Not sure why we don't have a game in between Harps and Rovers,or am I missing something?

Next round of the cup is in between.

Dunnocks    8,270
1 hour ago, JuniorBAllStar said:

So a free weekend for us then? 1f44b.png

We could squeeze the dundalk home game in 😂

name    781
20 hours ago, nigel-harps1954 said:

Cant leave work until 12 and driving up.

Do you think thats too tight to make it for kick off

twowheelsonly    2,591
6 hours ago, name said:

Cant leave work until 12 and driving up.

Do you think thats too tight to make it for kick off

Plenty of time IMO but I'd definitely either go through Portlaoise / Athlone /Sligo or else head the Dublin route (either M1 or M3) at that hour. 

Certainly wouldn't go the Limerick /Galway route. That whole road is torture at the best of times. 

5 and a half hours, max 6, should see you there. 

hincha    7,036
17 hours ago, Paul keohane said:

If @TheFonz SD card is as good as usuall, the gap will be a blessing.:beach:

2 hours ago, twowheelsonly said:

Plenty of time IMO but I'd definitely either go through Portlaoise / Athlone /Sligo or else head the Dublin route (either M1 or M3) at that hour. 

Certainly wouldn't go the Limerick /Galway route. That whole road is torture at the best of times. 

5 and a half hours, max 6, should see you there. 

What he said. Head up that way and pray to the wee baby jesus that you don't hit traffic.

name    781

Cheers lads. Motorway to Ardee and cut across seems to be the most popular vote alright