Jump to content
Evergreen Road

Match Thread | Limerick 2-1 Cork City 22/09/2017

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, TCB said:

Hery and Sadlier were miles ahead of everyone on the pitch, Ogbene was actually pretty quiet I thought. I managed to stomach watching the game back today in work, we actually played really well for 90% of the game bar some moments of lunacy at the start, there was some lovely football. But oh to have a natural striker who could make some runs and put the ball in the net, not even Maguire, just a competent striker who could get onto the end of things. I know its been done to death but Id love to see why we didnt replace Maguire in this window when we had the chance, and if what Iv heard as rumour is true, then it had little to do with Caulfield not wanting to bring someone in.

Go on...

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, TCB said:

we actually played really well for 90% of the game bar some moments of lunacy at the start, there was some lovely football.

This is the real irony of the situation.

There were many games during the incredible winning streak where the team played really poorly ( away to Pats/Bohs for example) and managed to dig out the wins. If you read back through the match threads you will see plenty of criticism along those lines.Now we're playing properly and struggling for results!

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, The Banker said:

So the BOM knocked a replacement on the head? 

Its actually been mentioned on the forum before what I now believe happened. Stokes at Leeds was all but done. 

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, TCB said:

Hery and Sadlier were miles ahead of everyone on the pitch ...

The two stand-out players for me too. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, TCB said:

Its actually been mentioned on the forum before what I now believe happened. Stokes at Leeds was all but done. 

why did it fall thru??

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, londonrebel said:

why did it fall thru??

I was told by someone on Friday night that the agreed personal terms were changed. Its was mentioned on here before by decky I think but the person I was talking to would never come onto a dirty place like this so Iv no reason to not believe it. 

Or it could be a Chinease Whisper thing all started here................STATEMENT 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, jimhacker said:

This is the real irony of the situation.

There were many games during the incredible winning streak where the team played really poorly ( away to Pats/Bohs for example) and managed to dig out the wins. If you read back through the match threads you will see plenty of criticism along those lines.Now we're playing properly and struggling for results!

It's been very frustrating to watch. We simply don't have the firepower to overcome any sort of deficit atm. Unfortunately this has coincided with our defence looking nowhere near as good as they have previously. A real perfect storm of misfortune if there ever was one. 

You'd think the Sligo defeat, arguably the Bohs one, conceding twice so quickly to Limerick could have been avoided if our defence hadn't suddenly started looking so patchy.

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, TCB said:

I was told by someone on Friday night that the agreed personal terms were changed. Its was mentioned on here before by decky I think but the person I was talking to would never come onto a dirty place like this so Iv no reason to not believe it. 

Or it could be a Chinease Whisper thing all started here................STATEMENT 

Would "moved the goalposts" describe what happened? 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, decky said:

Would "moved the goalposts" describe what happened? 

Those words were not used to me but I got the impression that Stokes, Caulfield, Leeds, or the lads agent had nothing to do with such a late change, which would leave only one other party. Caulfields "no more budget" comments around the time make a bit more sense if it were the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Paul keohane said:

He definitely  wasn't poor,it's just his end product is a dive 90% of the time.

He could be a fine player,but I just can't warm to players like that,(even when he was with us).I more or less turned my back on following football At The highest level because of the poor gamesmanship,diving,simulation etc etc. 

For the most part the loi hasn't been infected with that culture,when it becomes acceptable and the norm for fellas like Ogbene to go to ground 90%of the time I'll more than likely walk from the game.

I was never a win at all costs kind of  guy,may be I'm too naive and soft for modern day sport.

 

21 hours ago, BoldFish said:

Completely agree Paul. Honesty and some proper hard play is half the attraction of our game. I said it in the summer.. if I'd to watch Larnaca week in, week out, I'd follow something else.

I'm the same the absolute cheating,Diving and in the ear of the referee all game does my head in, commentators are actually saying

If he went down he'd have got the penalty, and then the Co Commentator saying, he was entitled to as he was touched,,,,,!!!

Dundalk are the epitomy of this, they were diving all over the place,at one stage last night, I watched Shiels go to the referee about 5 mins after a small incident

to complain, they leave nothing go.

They're defenitley coached to act in such a way, and with the success they are having,it's only a matter of time before we're all at it.

Such a pity, I always say to non believers to come to a LOI game and you'll at least see a propper game of Ball,with none of this diving Sh1te.

For how long more will we be able to say this.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×