Cork City FC Fans Forum
Evergreen Road

Match Thread | Limerick v Cork City 22/09/2017

Evergreen Road    1,390

It looks likely that this is going to be the game where we win the league. The club should be talking to Limerick already trying to get more tickets. The side of the goal should be given to city fans or we'll be buying home end tickets. 1,000 tickets should be sought. 

Evergreen Road    1,390
8 minutes ago, Dunnocks said:

I think we'll  win it against shamrock

Sure you'd have to go just in case. Get the young fella to set off the flares, precendent has been set.  

Johnnys2016    569
1 hour ago, Evergreen Road said:

It looks likely that this is going to be the game where we win the league. The club should be talking to Limerick already trying to get more tickets. The side of the goal should be given to city fans or we'll be buying home end tickets. 1,000 tickets should be sought. 

Could easily make that 2500 if the league is on the cards 90 mins up the road bud. Waterford in 2005 comes to mind. Either way people will just end up with home tickets and therell be huge City crowd there. Far exceeding 1000.

xtreme rebel    6,755

Our next two games are Rovers (a) and Limerick (a). Dundalk' are Pats (h) and Drogheda (h). A swing of 5 points needed.

Never say never but it's more likely it goes beyond the Limerick game, so that's Derry (h) unless the Dundalk game at Turner's Cross is rearranged before that.

Evergreen Road    1,390

The scenario should be this;

Pat Lyons: You give us enough tickets or our fans will be in the home end.

Limerick : Fair enough.

It would make sense from all sides including security services if this game was planned for.

tigger    2,754
9 hours ago, xtreme rebel said:

Our next two games are Rovers (a) and Limerick (a). Dundalk' are Pats (h) and Drogheda (h). A swing of 5 points needed.

Never say never but it's more likely it goes beyond the Limerick game, so that's Derry (h) unless the Dundalk game at Turner's Cross is rearranged before that.

We really need those 5pts in the bag ASAP. Dawk have an easy run in apart from ourselves. Three points up in Talifornia is essential. Worry about Limerick after that.

Captain    2,615
2 hours ago, xtreme rebel said:

Will this game remain for the Saturday slot, if RTE get interested in televising it?

Hopefully it gets switched back to Friday night in that case. I'm having no joy in trying to convince Mrs Captain that my presence at the wedding is both unnecessary and inconvenient. 

MrMac84    74
1 hour ago, Captain said:

****sake just realised I have  a wedding that day.

Me too 

disaster 

hincha    7,274
14 hours ago, Paul keohane said:

Pat Lyons: we only need 400 tickets,F**k the rest of um!

Limerick:grand job!

Way to go,might be a surge for FORAS membership.

decky    8,673
4 minutes ago, hincha said:

There will be a surge in Foras membership when it ceases to be Foras membership and becomes CCFC membership, until then we are in a state of stagnation IMHO 

Evergreen Road    1,390
14 minutes ago, hincha said:

Maybe that was their plan all along,hmmm

hincha    7,274
33 minutes ago, decky said:

There will be a surge in Foras membership when it ceases to be Foras membership and becomes CCFC membership, until then we are in a state of stagnation IMHO 

Don't know about a surge now like, wouldn't like to lose the FORAS tag to be honest, means a lot to me anyway.

hincha    7,274
28 minutes ago, Evergreen Road said:

Maybe that was their plan all along,hmmm

A cunning plan I'd say.

15 hours ago, xtreme rebel said:

Far be it for me to contradict you, but is it not just 5 points we need, rather than a swing of 5? ie if we win 2 that's it job done, ragardless of Dundalk's results?

Dunnocks    8,581
28 minutes ago, JuniorBAllStar said:

Far be it for me to contradict you, but is it not just 5 points we need, rather than a swing of 5? ie if we win 2 that's it job done, ragardless of Dundalk's results?

If we win 3 points. Dalk draw that's  2 points lost

Also 2 wins or a win and 2 draws for us

Whatever way you want to win the 5 points

Game over

decky    8,673
1 hour ago, hincha said:

Don't know about a surge now like, wouldn't like to lose the FORAS tag to be honest, means a lot to me anyway.

Understandably so Hincha, but the problem as I see it, is that Foras tag means something to those who were around to save the club but it means nothing to anyone else. 

hincha    7,274
2 minutes ago, decky said:

Understandably so Hincha, but the problem as I see it, is that Foras tag means something to those who were around to save the club but it means nothing to anyone else. 

I understand it wouldn't mean anything to the younger fans,and those we've added since JC came on board.

But I'm sure there's a few bright sparks that could come up with a way of gaining more members,I would agree the use of the CCFC name would make it more appealing or more recognisable if you like,but hang onto the name FORAS  as well.

Declan Carey    253
13 minutes ago, hincha said:

I understand it wouldn't mean anything to the younger fans,and those we've added since JC came on board.

But I'm sure there's a few bright sparks that could come up with a way of gaining more members,I would agree the use of the CCFC name would make it more appealing or more recognisable if you like,but hang onto the name FORAS  as well.

Become a member of Cork City FC and own a part of the club!
Join FORAS. 

hincha    7,274
5 minutes ago, Declan Carey said:

Become a member of Cork City FC and own a part of the club!
Join FORAS. 

I was actually thinking of you Dec,but didn't want to say your name, there's no need to actually change anything officially is my understanding,would that be right.??

Johnnys2016    569
7 hours ago, tigger said:

We really need those 5pts in the bag ASAP. Dawk have an easy run in apart from ourselves. Three points up in Talifornia is essential. Worry about Limerick after that.

We are 17 points clear ;)

Marv    3,779

Its a good few weeks away yet, and a lot of ifs and buts inbetween but if we were going to Limerick on a Saturday evening needing a point or a win to become Champions, then there's nothing Cork City can do to please everyone. If the capacity was there i genuinly wouldn't be surprised if 4,000 + travelled.