Dunnocks

Match Thread | Cork City 0-0 Derry City 17/10/2017 - Champions!

Will the club leave us know when they make up their mind what time is it onScreenshot_20171012-210456.png

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2017/10/09/ticket-info-for-derry-city-game/

1. What time should I arrive at the ground? 
    We encourage supporters to arrive as early as possible to prevent congestion and delays to kick-off. The match begins at 7.20 pm sharp. 

Spotted that last night, I think it's a Copy & Paste job from the Dundalk match 🙈

Have my ticket for this as I anticipate a  bit of a crowd at the gate irrespective of what happens tonight.

I'm starting to doubt whether this will go ahead. I just got an email from UCC about a weather warning for the storm and it said peak rainfall will be around midday. Will the pitch be able to take it?

31 minutes ago, adineen98 said:

I'm starting to doubt whether this will go ahead. I just got an email from UCC about a weather warning for the storm and it said peak rainfall will be around midday. Will the pitch be able to take it?

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Weather-warning-for-Cork-as-Hurricane-Ophelia-on-way-87838568-665b-4b08-be00-e1cae24ba9c5-ds

Be grand, tis only a drop of rain

1 hour ago, adineen98 said:

Don't mind them academics. They're just looking for an excuse to finish up early on a Monday. 

Gonna be sweet beating londonderry  like 2005 to win the title. Dirty nordie  ******s

22 minutes ago, adineen98 said:

We may have to wait a bit longer to win the league going by this 

Screenshot_20171013-215511.png

Champions by default!

We're gonna win it against the Brits. How sweet

I'm off to bed to catch my 6:30 flight to Britain in the morning 😃

Even if the match goes ahead, it'll be wet and windy based on the forecasts. Not expecting a classic for the purists but feck it, a point - preferably 3 - please

I wonder could they play the game Tuesday if this storm plays out?

I suppose that depends on when Derry are due totravel and who would accommodate their extra expense?

Looking at various weather forecasts it seems that it's between midday and the afternoon the storm will hit. Should be gone by kick off but if there's heavy rain  (more than likely will be) there will be a worry over the pitch condition and potentially the crowd

According to windyty, the storm should be off the coast by kick off

Screenshot_20171014-105625.png

It's gas that we keep getting televised because we keep missing our chance to wrap up the league :laughingsmiley:

Derry, as has been said, are a very erratic bunch. They'll get hammered one week only to dish one out themselves the next. 

Will badly need a good, rousing crowd for this so hopefully the weather holds up. Worried that we'll still be chasing that point as of Tuesday morning though...

Beattie in for Keohane, McCormack in for Bolger. Hopefully that’s all JC changes.

Derry have some decent players. McEneff, McNamee, Curtis, McDermott, Barry, Patterson. Though they have conceded a lot of goals recently.