jimhacker

Barry McNamee

I remember last year not being too excited by the McCormack signing so I'll keep an open mind on this one.

Getting work done sharpish - JC on fire. He needs sending down the baldy barbers though. Is that Dooley gone I wonder?

Hammer blow after hammer blow to Dundalk.

One hell of a haircut. Hopefully hes a big player for us. If hes replacing Bolger then we have a lot more flexibility than we had this season. Hes definitely more attacking, 10 goals this season.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2017/11/08/barry-mcnamee-signs-for-city/

1 minute ago, ccfcman said:

Getting work done sharpish - JC on fire. He needs sending down the baldy barbers though. Is that Dooley gone I wonder?

Hammer blow after hammer blow to Dundalk.

Means Buckley is gone

We've got a nice tradition of Donegal lads coming to Cork and becoming legends. :thumbsup_anim:

Is he replacing Buckley or is he replacing Bolger? If hes replacing Garrythan fair enough, but if hes replacing Bolger we have done well. Hes not the same player at all, can play further forward but can also do a job in the midfield two. You could imagine Gearoid or Barry playing alongside McCormack, and if all three are available then Barry and Garry fighting it out for the advanced role.

There was an interview in the echo last week with JC. This bit really stood out for me.

The day before we meet he had been in Bishopstown at 7am to prepare for training, headed up the country after to meet potential new recruits for 2018, swung into the RTÉ studios to appear on Soccer Republic and arrived back at home in West Cork at 3.30am. He was still out of the leaba at 6am to start the process again, his Tuesday complete after appearing at a function.

The work JC has put in over the last number of weeks to get these deals done early is something else.

One of my favourite 'non-city' players the last few years. His work rate and touch are great. Serious Coup IMO.  

8 minutes ago, Shteve said:

10 league goals last year

This is one of my favourites. Shams were crying after that game, in complete disbelief that they'd lost. :laughingsmiley:

Hijacked Limerick’s move for him. Good to see it confirmed. It’s going to be a busy week.

Looking forward to see him playing. We need more creativity in the 3 midfielders.

I always thought this guy looked quality when they played us. Great to see us go for a more subtle creative type in midfield.